Introduction and Installation of Data Quality Services for Denali
Data Quality Services (DQS) enables you to discover, build, and manage knowledge about your data. You can then use that knowledge to perform data cleansing, matching, and profiling
DQS is not installed automatically with Microsoft SQL Server Denali CTP3. You must perform additional following steps to complete your Data Quality Server installation, configure it, and then use it.
Basically DQS contains following two comportments
- Data Quality Server
Installed on top of the SQL Server 2012 Database Engine, and includes three databases which are used in DQS.
- Data Quality Client
A standalone application that enables you to connect to Data Quality Server, and provides you with a highly-intuitive graphical user interface to perform data-quality operations, and other administrative tasks.
After installation of Data Quality Server with below mentioned steps we will achieve following things on your SQL Server Instance
- Following databases are created in SQL Server Instance
- DQS_MAINContains DQS stored procedures, the DQS engine, and published knowledge bases
- DQS_PROJECTSContains the data quality project information
- DQS_STAGING_DATA This is staging area where you can copy your source data to perform DQS operations, and then export your processed data
- Following logins gets created which are used by DQS
- Following roles are created in DQS_MAIN database. If a Master Data Services database is present in the same SQL Server instance as Data Quality Server, a user mapped to the Master Data Services login is created, and is granted the dqs_administrator role on the DQS_MAIN database
- The DQInitDQS_MAIN stored procedure is created in the master database.
- DQS_install.log file is created to record the actions performed on running the DQSInstaller.exe file.
Data Quality Server Installation Steps
- Locate & execute the DQSInstaller.exe Normally this file is available at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.<instance_name>\MSSQL\Binn. Double click the DQSInstaller.exe
- You are prompted to type at least 8 characters long password for the database master key. The database master key is required to encrypt the reference data service provider keys that will be stored in the DQS_MAIN database when you set up reference data providers in Data Quality Services (DQS) later.
- Provide a password, confirm the password, and then press ENTER to continue with the installation.
- Sit back & relax while DQSInstaller install & configure all things for you.
- A completion message is displayed. Press any key to close the command prompt window.
Now time to verify DQS installation. Click >> Start >> Microsoft SQL Server Denali CTP3>>Data Quality Client
Reference Install Data Quality Services
Will post more Knowledge Base Management, Data Quality Projects & Administration.